The PhD Network Netherlands (PNN) is the national interest group for and by PhDs affiliated to one of the fourteen Dutch universities, or one of the eight Academic Medical Centers, or one of the five research institutions.
PNN is an organization in which the General Members Meeting (GMM) is the highest decision-making body. During this meeting the Daily Board (DB) and the local PhD Organizations (POs) deliberate together about the strategy and new actions, and make decisions about the course of action.
On behalf of the PhDs, PNN is interlocutor of:
– The Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU)
– The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)
– The Dutch Research Council (NWO)
– The Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO)
– The Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OC&W)
– The Algemene Onderwijsbond (AOb)
– Labour Union FNV
– Postdoc NL
– The Executive Boards of all universities in the Netherlands
– The Rectors’ conference
– The Dutch Student Union
– The Dutch National Student Association (ISO)
Besides that, PNN keeps in contact with many other organisation that are connected to academia, such as political parties. Furthermore, PNN is initiator and member of the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers.